Providence United Methodist Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Providence United Methodist Church
- Location: At church, 7 mi W of Lumpkin on Ga 39 Connector
PROVIDENCE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Providence Church, when first organized, 1832-33, was a log building on the south side of the road. Two acres were donated by David Lowe for a church and school (Providence Academy). This land is now between two of the canyons. The present building was built in 1859, on the north side of the Old Lumpkin-Florence Road. Many Stewart County pioneer families are in the cemetery. Charter members were Goodes, Lowes, Worthingtons, Perkins, Kirkpatricks, Seays, Pitts, Adams, Shermans, and Pattersons.
ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND THE STEWART COUNTY HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1980