- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Cedarwood Cemetery
- Location: Across from the post office in Richland
In 1832 Henry Audulf gave 8 acres of this land for two churches and a cemetery. A native of Germany, Audulf was the first settler here. Methodist and Baptist churches were built. A few years later both were destroyed by a tornado. Only the Methodists rebuilt here. In 1912 the congregation moved to a new church. This cemetery alone remains of Audulf’s gift. Here rest many of Richland’s earliest citizens including Audulf’s son, John; his granddaughter, Mary Ann Audulf; and her husband, Dr. Jubilee Smith, physician, minister and prominent Mason, who also served the community as pharmacist and dentist.
ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND THE RICHLAND GARDEN CLUB 1988