- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Bedingfield Inn
- Location: Ga 27, Lumpkin
The Bedingfield Inn or Tavern was constructed on this site in 1836 by Dr. Bryan N. Bedingfield as a family residence and stagecoach stop. It was a center for commercial and community activities and a one day’s travel from Columbus, Fort Gaines, Americus, and Eufaula, Alabama. Also known as the “Harrell House,” “Cuba House” and “Ard House,” it continued as a hotel or boarding house into the 1930’s. In 1965, it was purchased by the Stewart County Historical Commission and restored as an 1840 house museum.
ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND THE STEWART COUNTY HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1980