Old Quaker Road
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Old Quaker Road
- Location: Located near the junction of U.S. 25 and Ga. 24, just south of Waynesboro
OLD QUAKER ROAD
The highway bearing left is the Old Quaker road, on of Georgia’s earliest vehicular highways. It was opened about 1769 to provide a direct way from Savannah to a Quaker settlement centering around Wrightsboro in today’s upper McDuffie County.
The Quaker road was one of the longest and most important routes of colonial Georgia. Much of the original way remains in use.
017-2 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954