|Architecture Style||Neoclassical Revival|
|Seat Information||Hamilton [incorporated and designated county seat on Dec. 20, 1828; named for South Carolina governor James Hamilton, Jr., a strong advocate of states rights who became active in the movement in South Carolina to nullify the Tariff of 1828].|
|Courthouse Details||A log building was used as county courthouse until l831, when a more permanent structure was completed. This second building served until the present courthouse was built in 1908. This courthouse is notable for its six-column facade.|
|County Area||473.0 Square Miles|
Harris County was created from Muscogee and Troup counties on Dec. 14, 1827 by an act of the General Assembly (Ga. Laws, 1827, p. 69). Georgia’s 72nd county was named for noted Savannah lawyer and mayor Charles Harris.
|Web Site||Visit Web Site|
|Legal Organ||The Harris County Journal|
|Chamber of Commerce Web Site||Visit Web Site|