|Designer||Bernard A. Webb|
|Seat Information||The 1905 act creating Crisp County designated Cordele as county seat. Cordele originated as a railroad station in 1888. Subsequently, it was incorporated as a town by the General Assembly in an act of Dec. 22, 1888 (Ga. Laws 1888, p. 209). The town was named for Cordelia Hawkins, daughter of Samuel Hawkins, president of the Savannah, Americus and Montgomery Railroad.|
|Courthouse Details||Crisp County's first courthouse, a two-story brick structure, was built in 1907. After this building burned in 1950, the present courthouse was built the same year.|
|County Area||281.2 Square Miles|
Crisp County was created from Dooly County on Aug. 17, 1905 by an act of the General Assembly (Ga. Laws 1905, p. 52). Georgia’s 138th county was named for Charles F. Crisp (1845-1896). Crisp served as Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives from 1883 until his death.
|Web Site||Visit Web Site|
|Legal Organ||The Cordele Dispatch|
|Chamber of Commerce Web Site||Visit Web Site|