City of Washington
|Address||102 E. Liberty Street
Washington, Georgia 30673
Washington, named in honor of President George Washington, was incorporated as a town in 1780. This county seat of Wilkes County has more antebellum homes than any other city of its size in the state.
Washington is the site of the Heard House, where Jefferson Davis formally dissolved the Confederacy on May 5, 1865. Also, the Robert Toombs House and the Washington Historical Museum are located in the city.