City of Talbotton
|Incorporated||December 20, 1828|
|Address||15 S. Washington Avenue
Talbotton, Georgia 31827
Talbotton, the county seat of Talbot County, was incorporated on December 20, 1828. The city and county were named for Governor Mathew Talbot, who was serving as President of the Senate when Governor Rabun died.
The first session of the Georgia Supreme Court was held on January 26, 1846 at the old Claiborne Hotel in Talbotton. At the hotel, the state’s first 15 attorneys were sworn in and qualified to practice law.