Choose another Topic

City of Sylvania


IncorporatedDecember 24, 1847
Population2956
Address104 S. Main Street
Sylvania, Georgia 30467
Phone(912) 564-7411
Fax(912) 564-2121
Email
Websitehttp://www.cityofsylvaniaga.com/
CountyScreven
Description

Sylvania, “The Welcome Station City”, was established as the county seat of Screven County on December 24, 1847. Sylvania is Latin for “Place in the Woods” and was symbolic of the beautiful surroundings of the city.

Tourists travel from all over the nation to visit the Brier Creek Battle Site, a famous battle site during the Revolutionary War.