City of Snellville
|Incorporated||August 20, 1923|
|Address||2342 Oak Road
Snellville, Georgia 30078
Snellville, located in the southern portion of Gwinnett County, was incorporated as a town on August 20, 1923. Two young men, James Sawyer and Thomas Snell, who came to the United States from England in 1874, first settled Snellville. The city is named after Thomas Snell.
The historic Mason-Todd House is one of the city’s oldest homes that is still standing within the city limits. The city has leased the home from the E.R. Snell Family, so the home will be available for public and private events.