City of Ringgold
|Incorporated||March 16, 1854|
|Address||35 Mountain Street
Ringgold, Georgia 30736
Ringgold became the county seat of Catoosa County on March 16, 1854, seven years after the city was incorporated. The city is named in honor of Major Samuel Ringgold, who died fighting bravely for his country in the Mexican War.
The Ringgold Depot, built in 1850, is one of the few antebellum railroad depots in Georgia. The depot, once used in the Civil War as a supply point for Confederate troops, is being used today as the Ringgold Opry, featuring bluegrass music.