City of Pitts
|Incorporated||January 1, 1970|
|Address||159 8th St.
Pitts, Georgia 31072
In the mid-1880s, Brock Owens and Ashley J. Pitts opened the first store in a community then called Kings’ Crossing. When residents turned in an application for listing with the post office, the Postmaster General preferred to list a shorter name. In 1888, the then store owner Pitts accepted the town’s naming in his honor and also took charge as postmaster.