City of Jackson
|Incorporated||December 26, 1826|
|Address||135 S. Mulberry Street
Jackson, Georgia 30233
The City of Jackson, the county seat of Butts County, was incorporated on December 26, 1826. The city was named in honor of President Andrew Jackson.
The Butts County courthouse, built in 1898, has Victorian-style stairs, marble floors and the courtroom still intact. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Jackson hosts several festivals annually including the Scottish Festival (April), the Native American Festival (September) and Civil War Days (November). According to 2000 Census, the City of Jackson had a population of 3,934 persons. Between 1990 and 2000, the city experienced a population decrease of -3.5%, compared to the state growth during this period of 26.4%.