City of East Dublin
|Address||119 Soperton Ave
East Dublin, Georgia 31027
From the East Dublin city website:
The Town of East Dublin was officially charted by the General Assembly of the State of Georgia on February 1, 1952. The bill incorporating the town named as its governing body the same persons who had been elected to vote under its previous charter in 1951. They were E.B. Warnock, Mayor; W.L. Lake, H.D. Keen, J.T. Braddy, J.E. Sammons and O.D. Cullens. At its first meeting the Mayor and Council elected Harold E. Ward to serve as Attorney and C.H. McDaniel as Clerk of Council. Later in the year Councilman Cullens resigned and a special election was called at which timeHubert Martin was chosen to serve out Cullens’ unexpired term.
East Dublin provides its citizens with water, sewage and garabage collection. There are approximately 24.5 miles of paved streets, excluding state and federal highways. These streets are completely maintained by the city’s street department. The Governor’s All-Star Program was completed in 1983 with credit received in the following areas: Community Services, Community Facilities, Community Administration and Community Enrichment. In 1982, the Town of East Dublin acquired a state and federal grant for the construction of a recreation park. With the assistance of the Georgia National Guard of Sandersville, Georgia, Laurens County, and local private contractors, Buckeye Park was created. This park offers a public boat ramp, five fish ponds, a Little League softball and football field along with picnic facilities and a community house to provide enjoyment for the public. Its shady, relaxed atmosphere completes the success of this project. Being a small town with a population of 2916, East Dublin is very prooud of the growth it has shown. Several prosperous businesses have located within the town, and much future growth is expected.