City of Alamo
|Incorporated||August 16, 1909|
|Address||105 W. Commerce Street
Alamo, the county seat of Wheeler County, was incorporated on August 16, 1909. The city is named for the mission that was the site of the famous battle in the Texas Revolution. Wheeler County became the 146th county created in Georgia and was created from Montgomery County. The county is named for renowned Commander of Tennessee’s Confederate Army, Joseph Wheeler.
The Wheeler County courthouse, in Alamo, was constructed in 1917 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This brick courthouse has columned facades on all four sides.