|Welcome to GeorgiaInfo | What's New | This Day in Georgia History | Instructional Handout Masters | Credits | Photos & Images | Georgia Trivia ||
Granite monument on St. Simons Island commemorating the victory of James Oglethorpe's forces over a Spanish invasion force at the Battle of Bloody Marsh. The monument is on dry land at the edge of the marsh where the July 1742 battle was fought.
On the monument is a brass plaque bearing this inscription:
For more information on the battle, check the
7 entry in the "This Day in Georgia History" series
|©2013 Digital Library of Georgia||UGA | GALILEO | Contact Us|