OLD DEPOT SITE
Here stood the little depot of the Southern
R. R. where Franklin D. Roosevelt arrived & departed on his
many visits to Warm Springs
during the years 1924-1945.
A personal interest in the after treatment
of infantile paralysis led him, in 1924, to the thermal springs
at Pine Mtn., the helpful aid of which inspired him to establish
the Georgia Warm Springs Foundation to combat infantile paralysis
on a national level.
During his presidency of the United States,
his Georgia home was the Little White House where he departed
this life, April 12, 1945.
099-4 GEORGIA HISTORICAL
Go to Meriwether County Historical Markers page
Go to Georgia Historical Markers website