Mark Carr State Historical
Located at Union Street and First Avenue,
Brunswick's first settler
came to Georgia in 1738 with Oglethorpe's regiment. He was granted
500 acres at this place, on which he established his plantation.
Several tabby buildings erected
by him stood nearby and a military outpost was maintained here.
In 1741 Indians from Florida
raided his plantation, causing 750 pounds damage. The Indians
killed or wounded some of the soldiers, while others were taken
HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1953