Site of home of Rev. Gary Davis
In June 1864, was an outpost of
right wing of Sherman's forces [US], moving from New Hope Church
in Paulding Co. toward the State R.R. and the [CS] left flank.
Hardee's Corps [CS] , on the left,
occupied a line at Gilgal Church 1.5 mi. S.E.
June 10, Strickland's 3d Brigade
of Hascall's 2nd Div. 23d Corps [US], assaulted Cleburne's Sharpshooters
[CS] posted here and on adjacent hill.
After a sharp conflict the [CS]
withdrew to the lines near Gilgal Church.
DAVIS' CROSS ROADS
033-1 GEORGIA HISTORICAL
Go to Cobb County Historical Markers page
Go to Georgia Historical Markers website