Camp Recovery Historical
Located at the intersection Shotwell and
South Broad Streets, Bainbridge, Ga.
U.S. 27 R-7
On the east side of Flint
River, twenty-one miles southwest is the site of Camp Recovery,
established during the First Seminole Indian War as a hospital
base to which the sick soldiers from Fort Scott were sent to
recover. A Federal Monument on the site marks the burial place
of U.S. officers and soldiers who died during the hostilities
in the Flint and Chattahoochee River Counties 1817-1821.
[U.S. Works Progress Administration Marker]