|Welcome to GeorgiaInfo | What's New | This Day in Georgia History | Instructional Handout Masters | Credits | Photos & Images | Georgia Trivia ||
Date Built: 1883
Other Information: The large, frame, two-story courthouse was built in 1883. In 1907, the legislature changed the county seat from Irwinville to Ocilla. The 1883 courthouse continued to serve that function until a new courthouse was completed in Ocilla in 1910.
During the Depression, the Farm Secrity Administration had old courthouse remodeled into apartments for settlers on the Irwinville Farms project, as shown in this 1935 photo.
|©2013 Digital Library of Georgia||UGA | GALILEO | Contact Us|